Micwil is a specialty products distributor and representative for manufacturers worldwide seeking to provide ready access to their products while improving the visibility of their brand in the Canadian marketplace.
Micwil acts as a physical presence of the manufacturer in Canada, raising awareness of the product and the brand, developing distribution channels, identifying and tapping vertical markets, and serving as a customer service centre, technical support centre, warranty depot and manufacturer's representative in Canada.
The Micwil Office/Warehouse Complex in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Micwil has the facilities and resources to address all logistics-related issues for a manufacturer who wants strong distribution in Canada. By maintaining several months of inventory of the full product range of all manufacturers, Canadians always have access to the products, regardless of disruptions that can arise due to production or other issues. Micwil continually collects customer comments and feedback and provides this to manufacturers, acting as a conduit between manufacturer and the Canadian marketplace. This provides invaluable insight which can lead to improving product features and quality, clarifying suitable applications for products, and identifying new vertical markets and opportunities.
Micwil specializes in making difficult, hard to sell, and/or niche market products become household names for Canadians in demographics who are receptive to those product. This often requires extensive product knowledge and ongoing education and promotion to the appropriate Canadian audiences.
Micwil Group of Companies Ltd. is a provincial corporation registered on January 1st, 2008 and operating in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. Our original company name was Micwil Computer Consulting, which reflected our original business model providing dedicated computer sales, service, upgrades, training and troubleshooting. Our commitment to a high level of customer service and belief in personalized customer service for every client was always an integral component of our business philosophy. As Micwil Computer Consulting became more and more specialized in the area of ergonomics and ergonomic products, it was decided to form a new division exclusively dedicated to servicing our ergonomic customers, ErgoCanada.
As of January 1st, 2007, we decided to change our name to more properly reflect the company's diverse business activities across several divisions, moving to the more appropriate company name of The Micwil Group of Companies. As of January 1st, 2008 we are incorporated and our legal name is now Micwil Group of Companies Ltd.
10 Years on Wheeler !!!
To mark a decade in our own building, Micwil is celebrating the 10th anniversary of our move from a small leased office in Saskatoon to our own facility at 102 Wheeler Street in Saskatoon’s north end. We are inviting all customers, past and present, to join us. Stop by to try out sophisticated ergonomic mice, keyboards, height adjustable desks, sit-stand furniture, anti-fatigue mats, office chairs, gaming hardware and bird control solutions.
At just over 16,000 ft2 the Micwil Building has offices, two large showrooms with model workstations, and a modern warehouse stocked with the most comprehensive range of ergonomic products in Canada. It also houses professionally equipped studios for photography, videography and interactive online product demonstrations.
At Micwil we are driven by these guiding principles:
- To provide a comprehensive array of manufacturers and products to ensure a complete range of solutions in each niche market.
- To act as a neutral unbiased source of information on products from a wide range of specialty manufacturers for the Canadian marketplace for both laymen and industry professionals.
- To educate and enlighten to ensure that the full potential of each product is understood by all stakeholders.
- To provide the highest level of customer service on all issues, technical and otherwise, in all our interactions.
- To provide an online resource for both laymen and industry professionals to allow them to research products.
- To act as an intermediary between the users of the products (i.e. reality), the recommenders of product (i.e. prescription), and the manufacturers of the product (i.e. design)
- To identify synergies with partners in each niche market, improving awareness of the solutions available and forge new partnerships between all stakeholders.
- To continue to search for new products in response to feedback, and source out and provide a location where these products can be compared and obtained at a reasonable cost
- To act as a Canadian representative for non-Canadian manufacturers, acting as a technical support centre, warranty fulfillment centre, and customer support centre, facilitating the relationship between the end user and the manufacturer